Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are looking for support for any nZambi Ex extensions, please try to provide as much information as you can. For example, at the very least include your Joomla! version and the version of Kunena you are extending . In most cases posting a link to your site would also be helpful.
  • Page:

TOPIC: [solved] Kunena - goes to the wrong end

Kunena - goes to the wrong end 1 year 10 months ago #372

• xpatman
  • James
  • Thank you received: 1
note: Moved from zAgoraLatest
Hi
i am installed this and when used on Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 it goes to the wrong posting (ieThe last) and not the first

any ideas

Cheers
James
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kunena - goes to the wrong end 1 year 10 months ago #373

• Aaron
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
xpatman wrote:
Hi i am installed this and when used on Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 it goes to the wrong posting (ieThe last) and not the first. any ideas
James, thanks for trying this module... I am making the assumption that you are using zKunenaLatest_2b
The module is designed to show quick links to the Latest Posts in your forum, and as such, the link will point to that actual post, not necessarily the top of the topic. This is the expected behavior. If you have a popular topic with many pages of replies, it would be counter productive to send all users to the top each time.
If you are using zKunenaLatest_2b with mootools animations working as seen HERE , you may notice that on mouse-over, when the details are shown there is a bar on the bottom with two links. One goes to the profile of the user who posted the latest message, and one goes to the top of the topic.
If there is interest in adding an option to make all links point to the top of the topic, I will add that in a future release.
Please let me know if I have answered your concerns and if you have any other questions or comments....
.:Aaron:.
nZambi Ex
Want to help?
Remember to visit the JED to vote for and review my extensions! IT ONLY TAKES A MOMENT and I appreciate it!
Please consider making a Donation if you find these extensions useful.

Re: Kunena - goes to the wrong end 1 year 10 months ago #374

• xpatman
  • James
Hi Thanks for getting back so soon

mod_zkunenalatest_2beta

" and one goes to the top of the topic"

Thats the thing = "the top of the topic" the FIRST posting not the latest.

Because of this I am have to use the kunena latest module as well

Any change of have the link to latest now

Cheers
James

Re: Kunena - goes to the wrong end 1 year 10 months ago #375

• Aaron
  • Administrator
xpatman wrote:
Hi Thanks for getting back so soon....
Thats the thing = "the top of the topic" the FIRST posting not the latest.
I'm sorry James But I don't quite understand the question... (although it IS early morning here :) )
Please answer these questions... Assuming a topic has more than one post...

Where does the Main link in the zKunenaLatest module point to? (The link showing the Subject)
Where does the link in the lower left point to? (The link showing "Topic")
How does your setup compare to the demo found HERE

Can you provide me with a link where I can see this in action? A page with both this module as well as the one from the Kunena Team would be good.
Thanks James, We'll get to the bottom of this!!
nZambi Ex
Want to help?
Remember to visit the JED to vote for and review my extensions! IT ONLY TAKES A MOMENT and I appreciate it!

Re: Kunena - goes to the wrong end 1 year 10 months ago #376

• xpatman
  • James
Hi

Reading thou your info on the module maybe I am getting it wrong

The link showing "Topic" goes to the FIRST posting in a thread, that is NOT where I would like it to go.

My idea is that it goes to the latest posting

My site is http://www.dalianxpat.org and your module is = Latest Forum

I am also having run the basic Kunena module on www.dalianxpat.org/forum/recent.html as that one does link to the latest posing.

Hope that helps
James

Re: Kunena - goes to the wrong end 1 year 9 months ago #380

• Aaron
  • Administrator
Thanks for the reply and the links James...
It loos to me as the zKunenaLatest module is working as expected (and as designed)

The top link will always go to the Latest Post, and the lower link points to the top of the Topic. These screen shots show the tool tips that describe this behavior.

Attachment xpatman-01.jpg not found

Attachment xpatman-02.jpg not found

I do see the difference in behavior between this mod and the one you are running from the Kunena team. I wonder, in the back end, what do you select for Module Output on the one from Kunena, and Display Model on mine?
If you would like the output from my Module changed to any format you'd like... this can be done... If you would like to change the text "Topic" in the lower link to read something such as "First Post" or anything else, you can create a language over-ride for the string MOD_ZKUENALATEST_TOPIC
nZambi Ex
Want to help?
  • Page:
Moderators: Aaron
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds